Wednesday, August 13, 2008

holy crap an update!

Holy crap. I've been busy. For a while, I had three jobs.

There was the call center.
Then I got a grant/job at university. It's a grant, but they pay you to do research for a prof.... so it's like a job. It's cool though, I'm getting this awesome head start on my masters, which I'll be starting in September.
Then there was the knitting classes over at Cricket Cove, which went well. Three students, two of which had already knitted before and wanted to learn again or wanted to learn more.



Ok, so as promised, here's pics of my hoard over at London-Wul :


Kid Merino & silk, which got transformed into :



And I got some mohair... 500 grams I think. So soft.

And my friend Nat was ogling this fine piece of wool ass:


After a bit of contemplation, she decided that she wasn't going to get it. That's when I sprung up and snatched it. It gets better:


5$! So I got it. I don't know why, I'm really gravitating towards undyed wool lately....
The trip to London-Wul cost about 75$. Ouch. Oh well... that was my first time buying real nice wool, and not crappy cheap acrylic.



I've also been listening to a lot of Weird Al lately.
More to come!

No comments: